Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Currently

craving: persian ice cream! It is by far my favorite ice cream and could very easily be my favorite dessert. If it's in my fridge, it's not there for long. It's made of saffron, rose water, and sometimes pistachios but I'm not a fan of that kind. If you can get your hands on it, I highly recommend it!


grilling: steak and burgers. I mean, it is summer time after all! This past weekend my friend invited me to a cabin with some friends of his in the middle of nowhere Northern Virginia. At one point we literally left road and drove onto grass... middle of nowhere people! That night we fired up some burgers and chatted until 3 in the morning. It was such a great way to unwind and get away from the world.


listening: I've been trying to find good music to get myself pumped and to work out. Taylor Swift's song Bad Blood can really get me going. I've also been doing a playlist of summer hits from the late '90s and 2000s. Oh and you guys! I was watching The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and fell in love with Leon Bridges. You must listen to his smooth jazzy voice!
 

planning: my trip to England. I got accepted into a Global Health Program for my first year of medical school, so I'll be studying my first year in England. I'm trying to get my UK student visa, looking at flight tickets, how to move all my things over there. It's all happening so far!!

SGU.edu 
decorating: I haven't had the chance to decorate much because I actually have to leave my place in a month, but I'm already thinking about what I can do to my new place in England... any suggestions on where to go shopping for cheap kitchen items or pillows for my bed?

Linking up with Anne and Jenny!

6 comments:

  1. Well I'm an ice cream fiend but I've never had Persian ice cream before... I'll have to try it!! And yes to burgers on the grill... always a summertime fave! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a must try! You will never want to go back once you've had it :)

      Delete
  2. So glad to discover your space through the Currently link-up!

    Elizabeth
    allkindsofthingsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Super excited to have a new face here :) Hope you like it!

      Delete
  3. That is so exciting that you're moving to England for a year! It's going to be such an amazing experience!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I always love the linkups! I'm so nervous and excited for England. Still finishing up plans and hopefully everything works out right!

      Delete