Sunday, April 26, 2015

A little business, a little casual

This week has been pretty rough at work. It's part of the reason why I love working in the Emergency Department. You never know what will happen or what you will get to see! Friday's shift was pretty fun until about 5 pm when half of the state decided they needed to be seen all at once... Oy! It's quite frustrating having patients yell at you because they've been waiting for two hours to be seen. But why is it on us that you waited three days to get any medical attention and now it's an absolute emergency even though your symptoms haven't gotten worse? Some people's definition of emergency should be reevaluated. I really wish some people did a little bit of research or there was some way for them to understand how the system works and what constitutes an ACTUAL emergency... I guess that's one of the things that our country is currently struggling with and if we were to solve this problem, a lot of other headaches could be avoided. *Sigh*

 On a more positive note, I had an interview recently and was told that the dress code was as I saw fit. I tried on a few different outfits before I decided on the one I actually wore (for some reason I don't have a picture of that one...) My interviewer ended up wearing jeans and flip flops, so it's safe to say business casual was the way to go. Would have been so awkward if I had worn a suit... yikes!

 
 Top: H&M V-neck blouse | Necklace: H&M 3 piece | Skirt: bottom half of suit | Shoes: Payless heels

 
 Top: Chambray shirt (similar)  | Bottom: J. Crew Outlet skirt (similar)
Necklace: gift from mom (similar) | Bracelet: gift from mom (similar) | Shoes: Payless Heels

So here were the contenders! What do you guys think? I feel like I can never get the accessorizing down so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

PS. Because Anne is doing a Chambray look linkup with friends, I'm doing it here!

The Creative Closet

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE the giraffe top and skirt! It's interesting enough that you aren't boring, but also shows character. I like the second outfit but probably wouldn't wear the necklace for an interview. You don't want any distractions taking away from how awesome of a candidate you are!
    Peace, Sarah - Simplysarahs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I think the giraffe top is my favorite new shirt!! Cannot wait to wear it around. I didn't think about the necklace being distracting in the second outfit... But I wonder if the outfit becomes too boring without a necklace? Maybe have a nice watch or hold off till fall to bring this outfit out, seems more fitting than spring.

      Delete
  2. How cute is that giraffe top?! I love that the cut of it is perfectly professional, but it still has a lot of personality!

    Bedknobs & Baubles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I'd definitely recommend it!

      Delete
  3. Both outfits are super cute but I think I like the first best for an interview. The chambray shirt looks great with that outfit but could end up being too casual if the interviewer showed up in a suit. And I LOVE pencil shirts for formals outfits...the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love pencil skirts (I think that's what you meant to say :P) They slim me down and fit me the best out of all the other types of skirts. I so wish there were casual pencil skirts out there!

      Delete
  4. That skirt first you like a glove! Love both looks but the first one is my favorite! :)
    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Ya, I'm in love with the first one too! Can't wait to wear it again!

      Delete
  5. Love the giraffe print! And always love a chambray with a pencil skirt. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like it's a hit! I love it too :D Gonna have to find new ways to wear it!

      Delete
  6. I love the chambray + pencil skirt combo! I always find myself gravitating to those two pieces in my own wardrobe. And the giraffe print, oh my, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am in love with the giraffe shirt, I want to wear it everywhere :D

      Delete