Sunday, July 5, 2015

Meet Another Blogger: Me!

Hi Guys! This summer I've reached out to several bloggers I love and asked them to share their styles with me (and you!). Every week I'll post what my fellow bloggers have been up to with their wardrobes, we'll get to know a little more about them and get a peak inside their favorite items. I thought I'd get the series started with a little about me, so here we go!

What do you do? I'm currently working as an EMT in the Emergency Department at a major level 1 Trauma Center Hospital in the area. This means that I work with the nurses and ED docs to help with the acutely ill patients that come in. I've become a go-to person for starting IVs and Foley catheters... collecting urine is a daily joy of mine. In about a month I will be leaving America and heading to England for my first year of medical school in Newcastle upon Tyne. I'm excited and nervous at the same time so stay tuned for what will be an amazing adventure!

Why did you start blogging? I have been playing with the idea for the last two years and after religiously following a few bloggers, I decided to make the plunge. The reason why I started in March is because I had a pretty significant change happen in my life, and I needed an outlet to move on and a place to be more creative.

How would you describe your style? I used to be such a tomboy when I was little girl and as my style has evolved, I've learned to add bits of femininity to my closet. This year I've increased my dress count exponentially, so it's no surprise that in this heat I grab one and throw it on for an easy but put-together look. There are bits of Europe that still trickles down into my style, so you'll almost never find me in sweats or shorts outside. I like minimalist looks with pops of color. And I love wearing a lot of black. As my friend always says, it's because all Persians always wear black. I am still learning to add accessories to the mix and hopefully I'll get the hang of it this year (oh, here's to hoping!)

THE FOUR OUTFITS
Here is where I ask my fellow bloggers to share an outfit for different occasions. At the end of the summer, we'll be able to observe how each blogger varies in their personal style and get a feel for who they are. Right now, I'll show you a little bit of my oufits...

What would you wear at brunch with your grandmother? I love meeting up with my grandmother for any meal time, and brunch is a favorite of ours. She is very traditional but has an open-mind about modern life and is willing to learn new things, even at her age. I like to dress up a little when I meet up with my grandmother because it makes me feel more like a grownup and gives me a chance to be more feminine.


What would you wear to the grocery store? As Fran likes to put it, I have a uniform for daily activities. It involves jeans, a tunic of some sort, and a scarf. Jeans are my favorite pieces to wear because they just go with everything and my skin is used to the fabric. I don't have to think about putting this outfit together, and scarves go with everything... right?


What would you wear on date night? I think dresses and skirts are always a must for date night... call me old-fashioned. I don't think I've worn pants for date night, but who knows, maybe someday that will change. I try to show off a little skin ;)  Otherwise, my style doesn't change much from any other day.




What special item do you hold in your wardrobe or closet that is of significance to you and why? I received this as a gift for my 18th birthday. I wear it all the time, it almost never comes off. I used to wear it only for special occasions and my mother would save it for safe keeping. It's a necklace of the Zoroastrian symbol, my religion. Zoroastrians are a very small group of people that used to reside in Persia, but were pushed out or forced to convert after the Islamic revolution. But enough about history and religion...



BONUS OUTFIT

What would you wear to a gym session? I like wearing something tight at the bottom to keep things in place, and something a little more loose at the top. I have yoga pants and shorts, which are usually black. Recently I have acquired several capri pants with varying designs, and I wish I had 7 pairs so I can wear them every day of the week. Old Navy has some great fitting compression capris with flattering designs. For tops, I try to keep things colorful and cute, so that I am more willing to go to the gym. There's nothing worse than feeling ugly when I go workout, anyone else feel this way?




Thank you for stopping by and stay tuned for next week's Meet Another Blogger post!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! What a fun series! :) Excited to see who else will be featured. And how cool is it that you're spending your first year of med school in England?!

    xo Kimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah! I'm beyond excited. I know my main focus will have to be studying, but it's gonna be so awesome!!!

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun idea! So awesome that you will be going to England for med school! I agree...working out is so much more enjoyable when you feel pretty. I have never heard of the Zoroastrian religion...would you consider a post about your beliefs? I was a double major in high school with advanced theology studies so I would be interested to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been too religious, mainly because I feel like the Zoroastrian belief asks you to practice what you feel is right (or at least that's the loose interpretation I've taken from it). One day I'll definitely give more details about what it's all about :)

      Delete