Thursday, June 25, 2015

New favorite breakfast

I finally bit the bullet (yes, pun intended) and bought a magic bullet! Perfect blender size, easy to use, and perfect for one. Now, I'm using Amanda as inspiration and make banana pancakes every morning for breakfast! Super easy and sooooo delicious. Here is my version of the 3-ingredient recipe, which is really more like 5-ingredient. I like my pancakes a little thicker so I add the oats and baking powder.


Ingredients:
- one ripe banana
- two large eggs
- 1/3 cup of oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Blend the oats on their own first to create a powdery mixture, this is the essential first step otherwise the oats won't be able to break down right and the texture of the pancakes are off. Then add everything else and mix until smooth.

Put non-stick pan on medium heat. Create small pancake sizes, otherwise they won't flip or cook properly and one side gets burnt. I'd say mine are usually 3 inches in diameter. 

And voila! Enjoy :)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I once made a similar recipe for my little sister allergic to wheat...she didn't enjoy them but I felt very healthy and creative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you should try this one. It's really great! And you can add chocolate chips for a truly delicious delight!

      Delete