Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Meet another blogger: Anne

I'm super excited for this week's blogger! Anne from In Residence is letting me interview her about her style and life. I found Anne's blog while browsing through medical blogs. Getting a perspective from a resident's spouse has helped me envision what life could be like after medical school. She is an inspiration to me because of how much she has to juggle in her everyday life, and she does it in style! I loved reading through her pregnancy story and currently seeing how she manages to keep her little boy from causing havoc in the house with cool DIYs.

Hi there! Who are you and what do you do?
I’m Anne, a work-from-home editor, wife to a just-graduated-from-residency doctor, and mom to an almost-two-year-old little guy.

So, why did you start blogging? I started my blog as a way to keep friends and family updated, but it gradually morphed into my absolute favorite hobby and creative outlet.

My blog content is pretty broad, covering everything I love from books to making Pinterest-inspired recipes or projects to travel to daily life with my little mister - and of course my personal style!

How would you describe your style?
I started style posts not too long after I started working from home. I was discouraged by being all dressed up with nowhere to go when I would actually make the effort to put on a cute outfit, so I started getting into a bit of a rut. Posting outfit photos (while still feeling awkward to this day, I admit) has been a fun way to have a reason to get dressed, talk to other people about style, and more. Which means that as a bonus, blogging has really helped me develop my style, by seeing how other bloggers mix & match their wardrobes, by stretching my creativity, by collaborating with other ladies on style challenges, and by being inspired to try some capsule wardrobes.

Out of all of that, what I’ve decided defines my personal style: put-together basics with a twist. I like a fairly simple, classic look, but I always try to add a little something extra through pattern, jewelry, or color (the “twist”) to keep things interesting and feeling “me.” Thanks to Roxi for asking me to show off some of these looks!

THE FOUR OUTFITS 
What would you wear at brunch with your grandmother?
Something ladylike and put together, but with a fancy/casual twist. Mixing fancy (skirt) with casual (denim jacket) like in this outfit is one of my favorite ways to make an outfit situation appropriate (since my life isn’t all that fancy!) and interesting.


What would you wear to the grocery store? In the summer, white denim with chambray is a staple for me. It’s easy and classic but still looks put together. For my little twist on this outfit, I add a fun necklace and shoes, and then of course have my trusty tote bag to cart around all my own and my toddler’s gear for running errands.


What would you wear on date night? In the summer I live in fit & flare tank dresses. I love how they can be dressed up and down for any occasion the summer months bring my way. For date night, we usually like to try a cool new restaurant or do something like a wine tasting, and the simple addition of cognac accessories to this dress (plus fancy hair) is perfect for an outing like that.


What special item do you hold in your wardrobe or closet that is of significance to you and why? I don’t really have any sentimental attachment to any items in my closet, but I am very attached to a few things that I see as my best investments - things I wear all. the. time. Two examples as seen in this outfit would be my denim jacket and my cognac Madewell booties (another is the gray J.Crew tote in the grocery store outfit). These are things that go with everything, I’ve had for years, will have for years to come, and make me feel great - polished, put together, etc. - every time I incorporate them into an outfit. Go-to pieces are my special pieces!


What I really like about Anne's style is that she can take super simple items, add a few key accessories and make it her own style! Plus, I've obtained a denim jacket because of her :P I love her blog because she gives her readers a little window into her world and always welcomes new ideas and projects into her world. She's not afraid to try something new, but also keeps things low key. Her outfits are easily recreatable, and her Pin to Present blogs allows everyone the chance to be creative and share ideas. Most importantly, Anne has been one of the first bloggers to welcome me into the blogosphere, and for that I will always be grateful!

Thank you so much for letting me into your world Anne! Stay tuned next week for my next blogger post!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for having me! I love your ideas for this series - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a part of it! It's so fun to see all the different looks. Can't wait to see what others have and to compile everything together :)

      Delete