Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Links for Lunch || Dorking out


I've done quite a few posts and series relating to fashion and outfits, but I don't think I'm showing my true personality on the blog. In these series, I'd like to introduce to you my dorkier side where I share different articles relating to medicine, science, or - what might look like random topics - things I love to read about and I think are worth sharing. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do, and please share your finds. I could always use more reads for my lunch breaks!


With over 50% of students in my program being from Canada, I get to hear about a lot of news and lessons from Canadia, as I like to call it. And I have to say, Canadia is pretty darn cool. One of them managed to cross the blood brain barrier to successfully treat brain tumors. Here is the research article that shows results in the animal studies. 
 
If you haven't been hearing this one already, winter is coming! An interesting read about how colds travel around in the winter.

This one isn't exactly a short read, or a "read" for that matter but I still thought it's worth sharing. A series of lectures from Standford University about Human Behavioral Biology. I've seen a bit of the first video and I'm keeping this bookmarked for when I need a break from my basic medical sciences lectures.

Pediatric units in hospitals use phototherapy to treat neonatal jaundice, which is usually a normal condition resulting from immature liver cells. Most newborns do not have a fully functional liver, so we'd like to help it along. Science helping tiny humans! Hell yea!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this post. Three cheers for dorks...shout it out loud and proud, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks girlie! I will keep going with them then, I love being a dork, I just hope that I don't embarrass myself too much :P

      Delete