Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Currently

playing: with ultrasound machines. Last month, I learned how to find veins in the upper arm with the ultrasound machine in order to gain intravenous access (in other words: give the patient an IV to have access to their bloodstream). Now I'm learning how to use it for other aspects like checking for fetal hear sounds. I also just found this video from one of the clinical providers in my department discussing the usefulness of ultrasound machine in the Emergency Department.

going: on a lot of road trips. The month of May ended up being a pretty adventurous one, and in a few weeks I'm heading off to the beach once again. I'm finally enjoying life before I head to medical school and will have to study 24/7. And trust me, I'm loving every minute of it. If anyone has a suggestion for my next road trip let me know, I'd like to do one more in July before it's too late!


wearing: so many dresses! Spring is in the air and that means that the weather is mucky and humid. The only way the stay comfortable is to wear less clothing, but I'm not a fan of showing too much skin. Solution? Dresses! I didn't realize this until I put my latest purchase into my closet next to the others, but I have 10 dresses in my closet. This is a sickness... I need to STOP. BUYING. DRESSES.

sipping: delicious, fancy, drinks! At Harry Potter world, they have several amazing drinks and I have too many likes to call them my favorites. The best on a hot day would be the peach iced tea. It is not overly sweet and tastes exactly like peach and tea, as if the sweetest of the fruit balances the bitterness of tea without any added sugar. Butterbeer is delicious too, but I prefer the frozen and hot variety. Finally, I am a fan of their pear cider drinks mainly because you don't often see drinks made of pear. The flavor is subtle but so yummy! Earlier last month I went to a VIP event at the National Zoo where there was food and drinks galore! My new loves are the Licor 43 and Bird Dog Whiskey (Peach flavor). If you get the chance to get your hands on them, do it!


reading: fiction novels. I really enjoyed the movie Eat Pray Love but as I began reading the book I found that I absolutely loved the book. And I'm glad I waited until now to read it because it wouldn't have made such a big impact a few years ago. After my recent breakup, reading about somebody else's experience with ending a relationship made me feel like I wasn't alone. And as Liz began to heal through her journey, I did too while reading it (Rating: 5/5). I'm in the middle of reading The Zookeeper's Wife. Set during WWII in Poland at a time when the Nazis were trying to "purify" the world, the zookeeper and his wife do their best to keep up their zoo until it too succumbs to the destruction of the Nazis. In turn, they begin to use the land as an underground safe house for friends and strangers alike. This book is a real account of the events that occurred, and the historical accuracy is very enlightening. I do have an issue with the flow of the writing because it sort of reads like a fiction novel, but gets chopped up with bits of history which abrutly cuts up the flow of the story in my opinion. Because it makes for a difficult read, I'm currently giving it a 3.5/5. I'm gonna need to find another novel to begin soon, so if you have suggestions feel free to comment below or shoot me an email!

PS. I'm linking up with Anne and Jenna to let you all know what's currently happening in my life!

8 comments:

  1. I have that Old Navy dress! I love it! I even wore it to my bridal shower over the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty awesome! I liked it so much I also bought it in black :D

      Delete
  2. Ooh love that center floral dress. And how fun to be playing around with new things at work but also be taking some fun trips in your non-work time - a nice combo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I found the right balance I think. Altho, maybe less driving would be nice :D

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness, how lucky are you to go to HP world!! i am dying to go! I have heard marvelous things about the butter beer :) and pear cider would definitely be a cool new thing to try.
    ciao! www.bloganticipation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! I would live in HP world if I could :)

      Delete
  4. Harry Potter world sounds like so much fun! I'd love to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beyond your wildest imagination, I just wish there was more!! Can't wait to go to London and check out their HP world, they actually have stage props and the actor's clothes. So great!!

      Delete