Monday, June 15, 2015

How I Met... This Dress

I absolutely love the idea of How I Met Your Mother. In case any of you never watched the show, it's the story of how Ted meets his future wife and is telling the viewers every step and every decision and event that got him to his wife. And it makes so much sense. If he had met her when the show started, they would not have liked each other. It took him years to become the man that deserves the Mother, and they fell in love. Hard. (Now let's ignore the part where the directors and writers decided to completely screw up the season finale and leave it at that.)

Near the end of the series, we get to meet the mother, FINALLY. And I absolutely loved her. Best of all, I loved her style. I would get everything from her closet if I could!


That last dress? It's in my closet!! I actually bought that dress a few weeks before that episode aired and as I watched it I had to do a double take! It was MY DRESS! I'm so excited to have a dress that's shown on TV and from a character I loved. I found it on sale at Madewell for $85.99 a few years back.


I wore this outfit out with my family, but I can't wait for the cooler days so I can combine this dress with a denim jacket and leather books. This dress is so versatile, so here are a few similar options if you are looking for a great floral dress to wear year round!
I kinda want that first and second one in my closet too... is it wrong to have too many dresses??

6 comments:

  1. You go, girl! Be a trend setter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks :D I wish I was a trend setter but I'm too cheap to make that dream come true :P

      Delete
  2. I've only watched a few episodes of the show... nonetheless, this is a pretty cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stick with it, it's a pretty awesome show!

      Delete
  3. Love that show. Love that dress. It looks great on you!
    Peace, Sarah
    simplsarahs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete