Thursday, November 19, 2015

Pattern, Ruffles, and Minion Cufflinks


 The Limited (old) || Skirt (old) || Tights: DSW || Boots: TK Maxx 30 USD

I'm proud of this outfit for three reasons: 1) I'm wearing patterns! 2) I'm not covered in black from head to toe, and 3) I'm wearing boots in a professional look. I managed to pull off patterns two weeks in a row, and coming from someone who likes to have simplistic look, it's a big accomplishment. I've been trying to channel Adina from BlueCollarRedLipstick since I started following her two years ago. She has an amazing eye for pattern matching, and I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone thanks to her.

Last time I wore this top was probably sometime last year, and I told myself I would find a way to bring it back into my wardrobe. And that day is today! I love the ruffled sleeves, and the colors of the top allows for a lot of color matching, so I can't go wrong! It's also a very forgiving top, especially when the temperature in the lab is unpredictable (no one will ever know I am sweating like a pig... except you guys...)

(I really hate the green colored carpet in my flat, it's EVERYWHERE)

These boots were a much needed addition to my closet. My last pair were from Payless, and as much as I loved them (wore them for 2-3 years), I was wearing them so much that the insoles were getting worn out and the suede color were getting quite stained. These are perfect for rainy days, which... is almost every day (England weather... go figure!) I still need to waterproof them because I don't think they are completely protective against large British puddles.


I was outdone by one of my classmates this week though.... I mean... Minion Cufflinks!! What an amazing find! I love how my classmates stay true to their personalities while still looking professional.

Finally, I live you guys with my inspiration for the rest of the year. I can only dream of looking this good in my white coat.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Those are great boots. Perfect heel height!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are pretty great for walking around, I might have to add better insoles if I plan on standing around (like during clinicals). But I love that I can wear them professionally and for nights outs.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blouse and all together a lovely professional outfit. And those minion cuff links...just perfect! My brothers are slightly cuff link AND minion obsessed and I'm thinking...Christmas idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute and put together, Roxi! I love the bit of edge the boots bring.
    Peace, Sarah
    simplysarahs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete