Sunday, March 22, 2015

Casual wear

I wore this a few days ago when the temperature was actually decent. This is one of my go-to outfits for running errands and general going around town. I'm not wearing shoes here... because... well... I forgot. But I believe I walked out of the house with my converse shoes (seen in the last outfit). I usually combine this scarf with this shirt because the colors match, but taking a picture and seeing it here makes me feel like it might not. What do you guys think?

Skinny jeans: Pacsun (several years ago)
Top: blouse from TJ Maxx (3 years old)
Scarf: gift from Mom

In case you were wondering, the Captain America Valentine's day card is from a friend's son and I thought it was the sweetest card ever. Well... not the card itself, but the way I received it. I have been a long time fan of this kid, he and his dad have the greatest sense of humor! I met them through the local rescue squad I volunteer at as a paramedic. The kid comes around every once in a while and has lunch with the crew. One evening, I was at the rescue squad and my friend hands me this card and says, "so my son was making cards for his classmates and told me that this one is for you and that I HAD to give it to you... so yea, here you go!" It felt pretty awesome to make an impact on a kid's life, so much so that they remember to give you a card on Valentine's day :)


 This next outfit was worn out to lunch with friends. Can you tell I'm a big fan of scarves? Most people have a large collection of shoes, I have scarves. Many of them have been gifts from family and friends over the years, and recently I have received a few as souvenirs when my sister goes traveling. This one was a gift from my ex, and while I got rid of all his other stuff, clothes are keepers in my book.

 Top: American Eagle outlet shirt (1 year old)
Cardigan: Gap outlet  (1 year old)
Shoes: Boots from Payless (3 years old)
Scarf: Gift


Oh man, so I definitely forgot that a) my laptop was on my bed while I was taking these pictures... as in I focused more on making sure the clothes were well presented than on the laptop seen in the mirror, and b) you can totally see what I'm watching!! Wow, so that's my bad guys... still learning how to take good pictures! This time I'm using my camera as opposed to my phone. My hope is that I'll have a new iPhone in the next couple of weeks so the pictures will be better quality.

Sweater: TJ Maxx (1 year old)
Scarf: Circle scarf from Old Navy (4 months old)
Shoes: Converse shoes from Target (4 years old)

 This is me trying to show you the pocket on my sweater... it's a little odd, but I like it!

Roxi

<3



2 comments:

  1. Nice casual looks. I like the first one best :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larissa! I need to find more shirts like this one so I can repeat this look, it's so easy and comfortable.

      Delete