Wednesday, April 22, 2015

My new favorite pizza

This time I put all my creative juices into the kitchen and came up with... EGGPLANT PIZZA! I used this inspiration, and turned it into my own. Love, love, love it!

 
Things I changed: 

-When it came time to add herbs to the roasted eggplant slices, I added some dried herbs, paprika, and red pepper flakes for a little kick.

-I then used tomato and basil pasta sauce as a shortcut because I didn't have can of diced tomatoes on hand and one of my roommates was using the stove.

-Instead of mozzarella, I used sharp cheddar cheese from the Cabot brand because it's known to have no lactose. It's what I had in my fridge and to be honest it worked quite well! I will probably try to recipe again with real mozzarella because my stomach can handle a little bit of it.



Thank you to Anne for hosting the next Pin to Present linkup. What Pinspiration have you been using recently? 

P.S. Check out my friend's food blog! She makes amazing and simple dishes, and has given me some great recipes in the process. So good!!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh these sound good! I especially like your addition of the herbs and red pepper flakes (and would definitely use a jarred sauce myself...). My husband does not like eggplant at all, but I'm starting to pride myself on finding ways to get him to like veggies he thinks he hates (like zucchini noodles - he now says he'd eat them every day!), so I might just have to try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's gonna love these! They taste more like pizza and less like veggies so I doubt he'll protest. I also saw a recipe for eggplant fries... mmmm can't wait to try those out, I'll definitely share them soon!

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing! My mom makes an eggplant Parmesan that is just amazing. Love eggplant and looking forward to trying this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have eggplant Parmesan! I miss cheese so much. Hope you enjoy these lovely treats :)

      Delete