Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Outfit review

This was a post I wanted to publish two months ago but things got in the way, like... you know... packing and flying across the ocean to my new home in England. Since I have a nice little break between classes, I think I'll show it to you guys now!

Last month I went to LOFT and tried on several blouses that I had been eyeing for a while. I always have to try things on at LOFT before ordering them online because the sizes always vary from item to item, as I will point out below. Sometimes I'm an XS Petite, sometimes I'm a Small regular, and sometimes the Medium sizes fit best. Does anyone else have that problem with LOFT? I've learned that if I try to order them I never get around to returning the pieces I don't want, and that's just silly...

The first two pictures are in the same size (Small). At first, I saw the design and didn't think I'd like it but when I tried it I changed my mind. The stripes are slimming and it's a very loose, light fabric. I can picture wearing this tucked into one of my pencil skirts with low heels for clinicals.

The first two pictures are size small and the lower one is a medium. 

This shirt on the other hand, did nothing for me. I thought the shape would be flattering and the color is a beautiful eggplant shade, but this just goes to show that you have to try on a lot of clothes to figure out what fits your specific body. I get the feeling that Fran would pull this off a lot better than I would; we have different shoulder shapes (is it odd that I'm describing our shapes this way?) but it means that she can wear boxy tops while I have to find things with more defined shoulders.


The only thing I liked about this shirt was the little orange roosters. I'm not even gonna discuss the rest of it.... Moving on...

This blouse was an attempt at bring patterns and color to my wardrobe. I really like both and thought this could be added to my pieces to wear during medical school. Although the collar is not my favorite style, the fabric allows it to be flat and wouldn't be too itchy around my neck. Tucked in into pencil skirts, this blouse could definitely work.  

The top two pictures show the blouse in size medium (you can see I'm trying to pull the extra fabric around my waist), and the lower two pictures show the blouse in size small.


The colors in this top is so flattering for olive skins (like myself). I also really love this type of collar and have been trying to find more shirts with this style. I find that it doesn't get my hair all messed up when I leave it down. This would be perfect for professional days where we examine patients. The short sleeves also allow for airiness underneath the white coats. Win win in my book.

----------
Update: It's been 3 months since I tried these on and never got around to buying the blouses I wanted. Looking back on this post I would still buy the last two if I had the chance, and may have a look at delivery options if I can still grab them. What do you guys think? What have you tried on lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment