Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Links for Lunch || ...Or dinner?


My roommate made apple crumble dessert for our biochemistry study session! She's the best <3

 Just a few quick ones this week because it's the week-before-finals-major-study-mayhem-happening week!

It's so fascinating to read about the socioeconomical status of the country that gave me my roots. In particular, this article gives a brief description of women in society before the Iranian revolution (when Iran was known as Persia, and everything was so much better when it was known as Persia) and after it.  

Living in England has been a bit of an eye-opener for me! For example, did you know that they don't have annual physicals here?? People only go to see their doctors if they have a health complaint. I nearly lost my mind when I heard this... what about preventive health?! Anyhoo, here's a little bit more about the current events in the British Medical Association this week.

While studying anatomy, I've noticed that my professors keep saying - for example: "this region used to be called the Pouch of Douglas, but now we are getting away from the proper name and just call it rectouterine pouch." Here's an interesting take on the way that diseases are being named these days.

In case you want to know how I study the anatomy, I tend to use many youtube videos. Here is one of them. I use them solely as a visual reference and if I find any discrepancy, my notes and textbooks overrule whatever 3rd party material I use to study.

And finally, what do you do when you're sick at 30,000 ft??

No comments:

Post a Comment