Thursday, June 11, 2015

A few of my favorite beauty things

Today I'm going to share a few products that I have learned to love over the past few year.

Clear & Clear Dual Action moisturizer: I've always had issues with acne. Over the years, it seems to migrate from spot to spot on my face, and I've been self-conscious for a really long time. I tried a few things like Proactiv and Accutane, and still it seems like it really likes my face like a bad needy ex-boyfriend. But recently, a friend of mine showed me this product (I have the "Up & Up" brand, but it's essentially the same product). The active ingredient in this product (salicylic acid) is the same one used in many face cleansers, so when Laura suggested using a lotion if needed, I thought it'd be a good idea to try. Try this out!

Olay Regenerist Cleanser: This cleanser has the same active ingredient as the moisturizer, it has a really great smell and doesn't irritate my skin. I also feel "clean" after using the product. It has little beads but it doesn't scratch. Combining this with the moisturizing has really helped clear things up.

Burt's Bees Sensitive night cream: Night treatment. I slap this on right before I go to bed and I wake up feeling like my face is hydrated, clear, smooth... like a baby's bottom. Is that weird to say? As I'm starting to age, I want to make sure I'm doing it gracefully and with the long hours I'm going to be working, the stress, and the fact that I'm a face-down-pillow sleeper, I'm doing what I can to help my body!

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Hairspray: A lot of the hairsprays I've used in the past would keep my hair in place, but after I used it I would have to shower right away because my hair could not move. It was like I sprayed glue on my hair. This spray keeps things in place, especially the fly away hairs. But at the end of the day, I brush through it and feels like my natural hair. It smells amazing too!

Davines OI All In One Milk: Now, I hope you've been sticking with me because this is the product you want to try if anything! This is one of the products my hairdresser started using on me and I always felt like it calmed my itchy scalp, and made my hair super smooth. Compared to the It's a ten Leave-In Plus Keratin product, it actually starts to make your hair better over time! One of my coworkers started playing with my hair and asked me how I kept it so nice and smooth. It's all thanks to this product. I can keep blow-drying it and straightening it, and I still feels healthy at the end of the day.

Are there any products you can't live without or that's totally changed your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment