Thursday, October 29, 2015

Thursday's Professional Wear

My school schedules practice physical examination with standardized patients on Thursdays, so I've decided to show you my professional outfits from past weeks. This way I can chronicle my attire and see how it changes over time, and this is the perfect opportunity to get some feedback. Suggestions and ideas are definitely welcomed!

Grey pointed heels: Primark | Navy Pants: The Limited | Scalloped Top: Loft Outlet | Purple Cardigan: Gap Outlet


I am in love with these heels! I never liked pointed toes but these are the right angle, or at least that's what I have told myself... They are probably not the best quality, or at least I can feel it in my bone based on how much I paid for them (£10 = about 15 USD), but I don't think anyone can tell the different between these and a high-end pair of heels. The cardigan may not be the right cover or layer for this outfit, but I exchanged it for my white coat during physical examinations. What would have made a better layered top? I'd love to hear what you guys have in mind. 

Time for me to go act like a doctor!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit. Love the colors of your sweater. I agree about pointed shoes...never was a fan but they have been growing on me recently...as long as they are only slightly pointed :)

    Because of my figure (generous hips, smaller waist) I always stick to more fitted tops for layering. If I really want to wear something looser I find either skinny pants or a belt over the shirt makes a huge difference in drawing attention away from the hips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to go for the more fitted tops, but stress has gotten the better of me and my stomach is not as tiny as it used to be :( Gotta hit the gym more... I've always thought skinny pants, like pointe pants (is that the right term?) looked weird on me. I'm pretty short so I gotta try and elongate my figure as much as possible.

      Delete
  2. You look so pretty! I love this entire outfit. I don't think I would have chosen a different top for layering. I could imagine a blazer complementing the lines in the blouse, but I could also see it competing for attention. I like the idea of balancing the tiers with a soft piece like the cardigan you chose (perfect color too).

    In response to the comment you left on my most recent post, I just wore the heels to wear something different. That, and honestly I passed the return date on them so they're mine. Might as well wear them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Kate! I love the color of the cardigan too :D I might try to find a similar one with more elegan buttons, I think that's what's been bothering me about the outfit.

      There's always a good excuse for wearing heels (as long as they're comfortable!)

      Delete