Friday, October 23, 2015

School days

Med school is kicking my butt right now, but thankfully I have a long weekend to catch up on studying and blogging! I missed you guys so much! So let's get down to what I've been wearing recently. 


Above is a sheer-like tunic I bought back in the states. I really like the colors and the placement of the stripes. I'm wearing it with a tank-top underneath, black skinny jeans I managed to grab at Old Navy for 49 cents (I tripled checked with the cashier on the price because I couldn't believe it!) and white Converse sneakers. This is great for those days where I want to look put together but don't want to put too much effort into it. Tunic + pants + flat shoes = my new uniform for school. I didn't add a scarf here because it was still pretty warm out, but I also have been rotating through my scarves on the daily now that it's chilled down in Newcastle.



Another easy look! Semi-fitted skirt with leather trims ($10 trunk sale in Lewes, Delaware) on the sides paired with a simple nude tank top and magenta cardigan from Gap Outlet (old - $15) (similar here). I added one of my favorite scarves on top (gift from mom). The sandals are from Kenneth Cole Reaction (3 seasons ago - $20 Outlet store) and the bag is from TJ Maxx (originally $150, down to $50) Mom found the purse and it was my go to bag in the first two months of classes.

In case you are wondering, there is no dress code for our medical school, but I try my best to look as put together as possible when attending lectures. Looking professional, or at the most, not like I rolled out of bed and into the classroom in the morning, really changes my outlook on the day ahead. The professors always complement the best dressed in class and take note of who puts effort into their looks, so it doesn't hurt ;)

That's it for now, will try to post my next set of outfits soon, but in the meantime. Check out my professional look on the next post!

5 comments:

  1. SO good to see a new post over here! .49 jeans...girl, that's bargain shopping at it's best.

    Best of luck with studying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brianna! So glad to be back and to see I haven't lost you yet :) I know, I'm still baffled by it!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE that tunic! You look so comfy, but also put together and that is my favorite type of outfit! Glad to see you back, Roxi!
    Peace, Sarah
    simplysarahs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlie! I'm trying! Unfortunately, the tunic got destroyed in the last laundry load :( Gotta find another one....

      Delete