Sunday, May 10, 2015

Currently...

... learning: Usually we are not allowed to have drinks near the nurses station in the Emergency Department. There is a special hallway that is staff designated only, and a staff lounge in the hallway that allows for small breaks for snacks. So I was very confused when I saw these soda cans by the nurses desks. One of the nurses grabbed them and thanked another nurse for getting them. I was quite baffled. But anyway, I continued on with my work and then found these two cans AGAIN in a patient's room. The nurse came in and stated, "It's time to unclog that G-tube!" and grabbed the cans with excitement. Apparently coke is used medically to unclog the tubes; it has corrosive characteristics that's used in a medical setting. That's both awesome and insane!

... wearing: the weather is getting warmer, so I gotta rearrange my wardrobe. I'm not really looking forward to this. Warm seasons are not my favorite, it means wearing less clothes. And I like to bundle up. I've learned ways around this, like wearing light scarves, t-shirts, and sandals. I'm not a fan of shorts - it's not really something I ever wore in France and never could find a flattering pair. What's better than a white-t and jeans?

... enjoying: coffee. My roommate and I are heavily influencing each other's food and drink habits. Before we lived together, I was a very big tea drinker. I have 5-6 varieties at home, if not more, and am constantly finding the next one that I could enjoy. My roommate on the other hand, enjoys coffee and buys a different bag every once in a while. Sometimes, I tap into her stash and she does the same. So I figured I'd bring her a bag from a small coffee shop, and they had TONS to choose from. It smelled so good in there!

... relaxing: at the beach! Spent a weekend with some girl friends and got some much needed Vitamin C. We went to Lewes, Delaware to get away for a while and I definitely needed a change of scenery. I had such a good time!! The best part was being able to unplug from the internet! Bye bye Netflix and Hulu! Did a little bit of texting but otherwise I spent my days recharging and making connections with the small town. There ended up being some sweet sidewalk sales. I found a pencil skirt for $10, originally $80! And the bookstore also had a sale: I got Eat, Pray, Love for $1 and The Zookeeper's Wife for $5. Since I got back from the trip, I've been reading books. Thank you Lewes, for making me love books again!!

... eating: yummy yummy sushi! Currently visiting my friend in North Carolina, and she gave me a tour of Duke University and then brought me to a restaurant named "SushiLove". The campus is absolutely gorgeous! Have any of you gone to school there? The medical school, the nursing school, the graduate school, the undergraduate school... all on my immense campus! And it's so greeeeeen!! It almost feels like they purposefully built around the trees. My friend likes to call it our little Hogwarts. And there's Sarah P. Duke Gardens, I think I would have studied there all the time if I had gone to Duke, it's gorgeous there. Anyway, the sushi was amazing! The one pictured above is named Sunrise Lava Roll and it is hooooooot. At first your mouth is on fire, but then it settles down and you are kept at this heightened level of heat. Tongue continuously buzzing as you eat. I'd recommend it, but my friend would say otherwise ;)

PS. Linking up with Anne and friends here!

4 comments:

  1. I also have to rearrange my wardrobe now that the weather is getting warmer... and I am a little jealous that you a able to relax at the beach :)
    Thank you for your last comment!
    xx
    http://cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larissa, can't wait to see what your spring/summer wardrobe looks like!

      Delete
  2. That medical use of Coke thing is soooo weird! And your beach trip sounds amazing!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Science is so cool. I also learned that bananas can be used to cool down burns caused by Capsaicin (the molecule in peppers that taste "hot") and is used in "Icy Hot" creams to dull the pain away... I'm a dork, I know...

      Delete