Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Links for Lunch || Thinking about my future


Celebratory hot chocolate after acing my first semester of medical school

Here's a fascinating article on the evolution of listening among scientists. Not what you would expect :P

I absolutely love learning about what other cultures and countries are doing regarding politically and scientifically heated topicts. Here's how Australia is handling the issue of vaccinations.

I'm currently interested in surgery, so reading this article about women in surgery is very insightful! In case anyone out there is interested, you are welcome to read another article about this here.

I still can't believe they unearthed a ship in Virginia!

Scientists have been trying to find male contraception methods, and here's another option. I wonder how it'll pan out. I sort of think that one of the biggest reasons why there hasn't been anything on the market is because men are more dependent on the women to be on the pill, and more potentially more afraid of changing their own bodies. But as I am not a man, I could be very wrong in all this. This new device could potentially change that though, maybe?

The UK is trying to find ways to improve health and reduce obesity. New policy will impose a "sugar tax" in hospitals.

1 comment:

  1. So cool you are considering surgery! Surgery in definitely in my top five and I love that article about women in surgery.

    Hmm...Australia's action on vaccinations seems like a serious infringement on parent rights. I am pro-vaccination but I have known many intelligent and loving parents who chose no-or-limited vaccinations for their children. It seems they should be able to do what they believe is best for their child without being penalized.

    Love reading these posts! I always learn something new. :)

    ReplyDelete